We Want You to Join Our Team!
We are seeking individuals who have a genuine desire to enrich lives.
Thank You for your interest in joining Shields Foundation care team.
Check out our Job Openings Below
and fill in our application form!
Candidates should be active and enjoy participating in a variety of community events and activities. They should have basic computer skills and will have to pass a complete background check. A reliable vehicle, auto insurance, and valid drivers license and proof of High School Diploma or GED is a must. Candidates should have some understanding/experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities.
Direct Support Staff
Salary: $12-15/ Hour
Part-time/Full-time, regular workday hours available COVID UPDATE- Our DSPs are based out of our day program center in Aurora, and then travel to and from clients homes throughout the day. The locations we serve are all along the front range and could vary day by day. We are
seeking an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic person to work with individuals and families in our care and Day Services. Make a difference in peoples lives by providing much needed companionship, supports, and community opportunities, in a flexible and rewarding role.
Here is what you can expect in this role:
- Provide personal care to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Assist individuals with hygiene care, household cleaning, and meal preparation
- Plan and carry out a variety of recreational activities to enhance social development in the community
- Accompany client(s) to supermarket, museums, parks, dances, recreation centers, etc.
- Provide transportation to individuals as needed
- Assist with medical care, including appointments and administering medications
- Provide documentation of progress notes and medical records
- May provide training on life learning skills
- Hours vary depending on client(s) needs To be successful.